[CMake] NMake questions if I may.

Josef Karthauser joe.karthauser at geomerics.com
Mon Oct 22 09:46:56 EDT 2007

Hmm, interesting.  I'm running nmake /K on a CMake built tree, but doesn't appear to proceed to the next build target when a failure occurs on my custom target:

	Compilation failed with 24 errors
	Compilation failed
	NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '..\..\..\..\..\Bin\RsxFxCompiler.EXE' : return code '0x1'
	Stop.
	NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\BIN\n
	make.exe"' : return code '0x2'
	Stop.
	NMAKE : warning U4010: 'all' : build failed; /K specified, continuing ...
	NMAKE : warning U4011: 'default_target' : not all dependents available; target not built

Does the top level makefile call NMake on sub-makefiles?  It should probably propagate the /K flag down.  Is that what's happening I wonder.

> As far as we know, nmake does not support parallel builds... if you find out otherwise, please post back to the list and share the information ?> with all of us...!

I did a search on the net, and found documentation that stated that NMake did support /J.  My assumption is that somehow it got removed, or that the documentation was in error.

I think I'm probably going to have to migrate to gmake if this proves to be a problem for me.

Joe