[CMake]: Patch for FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Sun Oct 21 17:45:43 EDT 2007

On 10/21/07, Alex Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 21 October 2007 02:31, Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva wrote:
> > I have created a feature request #5920 for the following issue. I
> > won't apply the changes myself unless I'm assigned the feature, since
> > I don't want to abuse my cvs modules access.
>

> The patch looks good so far.
>
> So if components of package FOO were specified, then FOO_FOUND is only set to
> true if all these components have been found. This probably makes sense, but
> I think this is not documented in the readme in Modules/.
> What do others think about this ?

I re-read the find_package help and the readme and although I could
swear that it did say so... the closest I could find was this in the
readme.txt:

"...  The set of components listed will also be specified in a
XXX_FIND_COMPONENTS variable.  This can be used by the FindXXX.cmake
module to determine which sub-components of the package must be found. ..."

I guess it is just implied, but it is never clearly stated... So, as
Alex asked: "What do others think about this?"

--Miguel