[CMake] Cygwin CMake -- Support for VS.NET 2005 applications

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 09:42:57 EDT 2007

On 10/21/07, Ravi Kiran <bh.ravikiran at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Friend(s),
>                    I'm Ravi, software engineer from India. We have a
> requirement for execution of .net projects in Linux kind of environment. We
> have chosen the cygwin for this purpose.
> I'm new into the world of Linux, Cygwin as well as CMAKE.
>
> I'm unable to proceed forward and got the information that CMAKE need to be
> installed for support of VS.NET (C# 2.0) 2005  in Cygwin. Plz correct me if
> i'm wrong.

There must be some misunderstanding here.  CMake doesn't have anything
to do with C# as far as I know.

> I have installed Cygwin with default features. Do i need to install CMAKE
> for the Cygwin to execute .net GUI projects?

That would surprise the heck out of me.  I think you need to go back
to wherever you got your original source of information, and read it
again.

> In such case plz let me know
> where i can find proper documentation to achieve goal in limited period of
> time.

Can't help you about documentation because I think you've heard
something wrong somewhere, and I don't know where.  But installing
CMake on Cygwin is trivial.  Just download the CMake package, it's in
the devel tools section of the Cygwin setup program.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every