[CMake] CMake2.5 - wrong default install location for mingw

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
Sun Oct 21 02:26:50 EDT 2007

Bill Hoffman wrote:

> Looks like a nice patch that you can put in your cmakelist files.  I
> still do not think it should go in CMake.  I don't think that things
> built by cmake that are native windows things belong in the /usr/local
> mount point of msys.   If you do, it is easy enough to change your
> project to install by default in anywhere you want.

Okay, I looked at the C++ code of MSYS generator.  And surprise,
surprise.  It does EXACTLY what I said to do of searching the path (but
looks for make.exe instead of sh.exe).  Also it uselessly (and somewhat
potentially incorrectly) parses /etc/fstab to find where mingw's bin
directory is (and does not cache any of the other paths, which could
indeed potentially allow FIND_PATH() and others to work with mingw paths
eventually).

The C++ code just forgets to set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to MSYS proper
values.  I'll revert this .cmake patch and I'll give you a C++ patch of
it instead, as the code is much cleaner that way.  And to be honest, I
find the C++ code to be much more readable than the .cmake code (which
is somewhat disturbing).

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar