[CMake] CMake2.5 - wrong default install location for mingw

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
Fri Oct 19 15:07:19 EDT 2007

Brandon Van Every wrote:

> Agreed, having gone through this debate awhile ago.  I would further
> note that MinGW doesn't require MSYS, and that one would of course
> expect %ProgramFiles% as the default in that case.  Adding MSYS
> doesn't change the compiler being used, and the MSYS philosophy is as
> Bill said.  So using %ProgramFiles% would make sense there too.

Well, if you are not using MSYS with MinGW you expect MinGW to basically
NOT be able do any installs.  That would be the responsibility of
something like DevC++ or the makefile you create.

Either way, it would also be good if CMake did make a distinction about
itself.  I really do not like the idea of MinGW by default overwriting
my (then stable) MSVC version.  I just lost half a day trying to restore
to a stable build.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar