[CMake] CMake 2.5 - MinGW fails with NMake Mafiles

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
Fri Oct 19 14:19:41 EDT 2007

a.neundorf-work at gmx.net wrote:
> On Friday 19 October 2007 13:11, David Cole wrote:
>> Do not pass -DCMAKE_SYSTEM=Windows-5.1 on the command line. CMake expects
>> to compute that value itself...
>>
>> On 10/19/07, Gonzalo Garramuño <ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar> wrote:
>>> MinGW CMake also says it supports NMake Makefiles (actually, tons of
>>> formats which sounds super cool).  After compiling a MinGW CMake, I
>>> tried using it to compile cmake again with "NMake Makefiles" and it also
>>> worked.
>>>
>>> But trying a 'NMake Makefiles' build on my project resulted in

> This is wrong, where did you get this from ?
> If you got it from the cross compiling page, I'll fix that page.

Don't recall.  It used to be the only way to have 2.4.6 Unix Makefiles
attempt to compile using the microsoft compiler.

Now that the new cmake adds MSYS, MINGW and Unix Makefiles, there seems
to be no need for it anymore.  Thanks.  It seems like this may fix the
other issues I was having too.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar