[CMake] CMake 2.5 - MinGW fails with NMake Mafiles

a.neundorf-work at gmx.net a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Oct 19 09:14:29 EDT 2007

On Friday 19 October 2007 13:11, David Cole wrote:
> Do not pass -DCMAKE_SYSTEM=Windows-5.1 on the command line. CMake expects
> to compute that value itself...
>
> On 10/19/07, Gonzalo Garramuño <ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar> wrote:
> > MinGW CMake also says it supports NMake Makefiles (actually, tons of
> > formats which sounds super cool).  After compiling a MinGW CMake, I
> > tried using it to compile cmake again with "NMake Makefiles" and it also
> > worked.
> >
> > But trying a 'NMake Makefiles' build on my project resulted in
> >
> > > cmake ../../../.. -DCMAKE_SYSTEM=Windows-5.1

This is wrong, where did you get this from ?
If you got it from the cross compiling page, I'll fix that page.

First, you are not cross compiling so you should not preset any of the
CMAKE_SYSTEM* variables.

Second, if you would be cross compiling, you would have to set
CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME to "Windows" and CMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION to the version, the
variable CMAKE_SYSTEM is constructed by cmake itself from these two values.

Alex