[CMake] CPack MacOSX support

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Oct 11 13:18:38 EDT 2007

On 10/11/07, Félix C. Morency <felix.morency at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. Is there any way to include 3rd party libraries in a generated bundle
> (.app) with CMake/CPack (.dmg) ? Currently, the 3rd party are out of the
> bundle and this is quite ungood since the bundle architecture provides
> resources support. Anyone ever done it before ?

Could you give a concrete example of what you'd like to do here? (Just
copy an existing library or resource file into your bundle somewhere?)

> 2. The PackageMaker (.dmg) and Bundle generator (.app) support seem limited
> within CPack. I haven't found a way yet to change the default installation
> path (from /usr/bin to /Applications) and I think this is quite important.
> I'm thinking about logging a bug about this issue. The documentation is also
> lacking informations about those tools.

In CVS CMake, there is support in the INSTALL(TARGETS command for a
separate BUNDLE DESTINATION if the target in question is a Mac bundle
application. If you use this with an absolute path, like "BUNDLE
DESTINATION /Applications/MyApp" it should work with "make install"
and also with any generated CPack installers. If you could try it out
with CVS CMake and let the list know your results, that would be
great. The new INSTALL command arguments are not fully documented yet,
but the code should work now.

HTH,
David Cole