[CMake] How can I avoid the addition of Debug/Release to the link path?

KSpam keesling_spam at cox.net
Tue Oct 9 11:37:53 EDT 2007

This was an annoyance I had with Visual Studio as well, and I was able to work
around it fairly easily.  I have CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES set when I am
building in Visual Studio.  I expect that this would be similar for Xcode.
All I do is prepend "../" to the output name, and I set the OUTPUT_NAME with
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES.

    SET(outputName "")
    IF (CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES)
        SET(outputName "../${name}")
    ELSE (CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES)
        SET(outputName ${name})
    ENDIF (CMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES)

    SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(${targetName} PROPERTIES OUTPUT_NAME ${outputName})

Perhaps this will work for you as well.

Justin