[CMake] ctest command

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Thu Oct 4 15:51:31 EDT 2007

On 2007-10-04 14:14-0500 Juan Sanchez wrote:

> I am trying to follow an example that is in the cmake book.  It is in
> section 8.5 "Using CTest to Drive Complex Tests" on page 109.  While my
> example differs in that it doesn't use all the arguments being used in
> the book's example, it is very important that I understand how to do this.
>
> My primary motivation was getting the "-V" or "-VV" option passed to the
> test in order that cmake doesn't void the output from the test, but now
> I just want to understand what it takes to get CMAKE_CTEST_COMMAND to
> work inside the ADD_TEST statement.

Understood, and what you have chosen to do appears to be a most interesting
exercise.  However, according to http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ, the
book corresponds to CMake 2.2.3 so I would check everything there with the
documentation you get with cmake --help-full and other on-line resources.
There is also some assurances in the FAQ that the book is mostly up to date.
However, I personally prefer learning CMake from other more modern sources
because 2.2.3 was released quite a while ago, and CMake has improved
considerably since. IIRC, there was an announcement on this list within the
last several months of work on a new 2.4.x version of the book, but I don't
know how close to publication it is.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).