[CMake] where is the INSTALL command ?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed Jun 6 12:05:38 EDT 2007

On 2007-06-06 17:42+0200 Mehdi Rabah wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As I understand, the new INSTALL command was introduced in cmake 2.4.
> I have some workfriends who have some not-so-old computers with cmake
> 2.2(ubuntu
> 6.06), and I want them to be able to compile my project.
>
> So, my question  : is there a way to make my project compatible with older
> cmake version ? (in regard of the INSTALL command)
> I mean, is there a cmake module which contain the INSTALL, or some file that
> I can include in my project ?

I wouldn't do anything special to attempt to accomodate those stuck with
cmake-2.2.  Instead, I think your best short-term bet is simply to ask your
friends to compile cmake-2.4.6.  I have done that on ubuntu Dapper (6.06),
and it is really easy to do. Furthermore, that desktop is already getting
seriously out of date (thanks to the large pace of change of Linux desktop
programming) so I plan to move on to a more recent Linux distro this summer,
and I am sure many of your friends will be doing that as well on a similar
time scale for the same reasons.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).