[CMake] autoconf and cmake

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Jan 28 22:35:23 EST 2007

Wojciech Jarosz wrote:
> Right. But other than the transitioning reason, is there any benefit
> to using autoconf in conjunction with CMake, as opposed to using CMake
> alone? Also, would the general scenario be to use autoconf to pass
> settings to CMake, or the other way around?

I'd be amazed if anybody tried to combine them. In Scribus at least
they're completely independent - it can be built with autotools _OR_
CMake. Neither interacts with the other or depends on the other.

Personally for a new project I'd just start with CMake. I don't see any
reason to implement another build system in parallel for a new project.

--
Craig Ringer