[CMake] New CMake modules for a large variety of BLAS/LAPACK API implementations.

David C Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Fri Jan 26 17:31:46 EST 2007

> > For those of you with an interest in BLAS or LAPACK, please try the new
> > FindBLAS.cmake and FindBLAS.cmake modules (and the
> > CheckFortranFunctionExists.cmake module that defines a macro used by both of
> > them) which can be found at
> > http://freeeos.cvs.sourceforge.net/freeeos/freeeos/cmake/modules/.  The tail
> > end of the free_eos.cmake module from that same location shows how fortran
> > is set up and the new modules used.
>
> I have just made a substantial improvement to FindBLAS.cmake.  It now uses
> an internal macro to substantially shorten the previous repetitive logic.
> The logic is now much easier to understand.  It also still works for my
> linux, generic BLAS and LINPACK test case... :-)
>
> Those using BLAS and LAPACK please try it and let me know what you think.

On MacOS 10.2, (C)BLAS and CLAPACK routines are provided in the vecLib
framework (so BLAS_LIBRARIES should be set to "-framework vecLib"). As
of MacOS 10.3, the framework name was changed to Accelerate ("-framework
Accelerate"), although they are also still available under the vecLib
name for now:

http://developer.apple.com/hardwaredrivers/ve/vector_libraries.html
http://developer.apple.com/performance/accelerateframework.html

I can send you a patch to handle them sometime this weekend if you're
amenable.

	David