[CMake] Visual Studio project paths

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 02:44:57 EST 2007

2007/1/17, Ben Ratzlaff <cmake at daishiva.com>:
> I agree that it is better to keep the builds separate, however this behavior
> is only specific to the Visual Studio generators.
>
> I set my output paths with setting the LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH and
> EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH variables. The Makefile generator and NMake Makefile
> generator do not change these output paths, and I can specify the
> differences between debug and release in my cmake script. The Visual studio
> generators CHANGE this path reguardless so output/win32_d becomes
> output/win32_d/debug.

I think I do the same on our project, that is "mangling"
LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH and EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH with CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE.

> If there were DEBUG and RELEASE versions of LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH that I could
> set that did not change, things would be just fine.

On the Windows platform (for which we use VS generator)
We just do not add CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE mangling since Visual do it for us.

This is "just" a matter of
IF (WIN32)

in the CMakeLists.txt

You should be able to do this by testing the generator used
with the value of CMAKE_GENERATOR

--
Erk