[CMake] Cmake: INSTALL not working with subdirectories

Otavio Rodolfo Piske angusyoung at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:33:13 EST 2007

Hi,

I almost solve the problem! I took a closer look at my top-level
CMakeLists.txt and could find it referencing to a directory that it
shouldn't. After I commented it, it now installs the files of the last
one of the processed modules in the top-level CMakeLists.txt. If you
take a look at it (available at
http://svn.angusyoung.org/nus/CMakeLists.txt ) you'll notice the last
module to be added is MODULE_XML ... so now I have the following
output of make install:

Install the project...
cd /home/otavio/projects/nus/. && /usr/bin/cmake -P cmake_install.cmake
-- Install configuration: "Debug"
-- Installing /home/otavio/software/usr/share/example/ex_nxmlwrite-1
-- Installing /home/otavio/software/usr/share/example/ex_nxmlwrite-2
-- Installing /home/otavio/software/usr/share/example/ex_nxmlwrite-3
-- Installing /home/otavio/software/usr/share/example/ex_nxmlreader-1
-- Installing /home/otavio/software/usr/share/example/ex_nxmlreader-2
-- Installing /home/otavio/software/usr/share/example/ex_nxmlreader-3
-- Installing /home/otavio/software/usr/lib/libnxml-0.1.so

What I could note in the file cmake_install.cmake is the following comment:

#  Install script for directory: /home/otavio/projects/nus/./src/xml

The directory /home/otavio/projects/nus/./src/xml is where is the
CMakeLists.txt file for the XML module.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

On 1/16/07, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Your files looks good to me.
> Provider you have properly defined
> ${N_LIBRARY_DIR}
> ${N_ARCHIVE_DIR}
> *
> in your specific include files which seems to be the case for
> http://svn.angusyoung.org/nus/CMakeLists.txt.linux
>
> May be you can try a
>
> make VERBOSE=1 install
> in order to see a little more what happen during "make install" step.
>

> 2007/1/16, Otavio Rodolfo Piske <angusyoung at gmail.com>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have been using cmake for my soon-to-be-born project, however I'm
> > having problems during the install part.
> > Even though I add a target to be installed, it is not installed when I
> > run 'make install'.
> >
> > Let me provide some details: my project is separated in modules, with
> > each module having its own CMakeLists.txt file.
> >
> > This is the top-level CMakeLists.txt file:
> > http://svn.angusyoung.org/nus/CMakeLists.txt
> >
> > And, this is the CMakeLists for one of the modules:
> > http://svn.angusyoung.org/nus/src/base/CMakeLists.txt
> >
> > So, when I ran 'make install' it does not install libnbase-0.1.so on
> > linux neither nbase-0.1.dll on windows.
> > Currently, my CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is set to /home/otavio/software
> >
> > Am I missing something?
> > --
> > Otavio R. Piske - AngusYoung
> >  www.angusyoung.org