[CMake] CTestConfig.cmake vs. CTestCustom.cmake vs. CMakeLists.txt

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Wed Jan 3 10:33:27 EST 2007

On 1/3/07, Alexander Neundorf <a.neundorf-work at gmx.net> wrote:

> Why does the cont. build need a CTestConfig.cmake but the nightly build
> works ok if the settings are inside the CMakeLists.txt ?

CTestConfig.cmake is used by ctest *before* a configure run during a
dashboard execution. This would also work if the variables were set in the
driving dashboard script (using those new style, not-yet-documented,
CTEST_UPDATE() etc. commands) prior to the point where they are needed.

Why do I need two special files for ctest, CTestConfig.cmake and
> CTestCustom.cmake ?

They were introduced at different times for different reasons. CTestConfig
is used independent of a configure run of cmake... CTestCustom is read
during a cmake configure step...

HTH,
David