[CMake] CTestConfig.cmake vs. CTestCustom.cmake vs. CMakeLists.txt

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Wed Jan 3 06:03:58 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm running nightly builds for some months now already, and have therefor created a file CTestCustom.cmake, which contains upper error limit, exclude regexps and other things like this.
In the top level CMakeLists.txt I have the settings for NIGHTLY_START_TIME, DROP_METHOD, DROP_SITE, DROP_LOCATION and COMPRESS_SUBMISSION. This works ok for the nightly builds.
Now I tried to run a cont. build, and then ctest complained it can't find a CTestConfig.cmake. So the cmake wiki told me to put the mentioned settings in the CTestConfig.cmake, I did this now and it seems to work.

Why does the cont. build need a CTestConfig.cmake but the nightly build works ok if the settings are inside the CMakeLists.txt ?
Why do I need two special files for ctest, CTestConfig.cmake and CTestCustom.cmake ?

Bye
Alex