[CMake] Source files from subdirectory not built in the same dir

Marcin Gil marcin.gil at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 09:49:00 EST 2007

Hi!

I have several directories in my src dir, like:

src /
  dir_a
  dir_b

I have sources in all of them: src, dir_a, dir_b.

In CMakeLists in src I have eg.:

set(sources
  foo.cpp
  dir_a/bar.cpp
  dir_b/ding.cpp
)

The .obj files are built CMakeFiles/project.dir/
and the tree is recreated, ie:

foo.obj
dir_a/bar.obj
dir_b/ding.obj

Is there a way to compile all the files into CMakeFiles/project.dir/
and omit building tree structure. I have linking errors due to such
.obj files placement.

Or is there a simple way to link to these files directly?

I am using Windows XP, VS8 and NMake Makefiles generator.

Thank you,
-Marcin Gil