[CMake] problem with CheckXXX.cmake files

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Feb 27 17:11:47 EST 2007

Hi,

in cmake e.g. the FIND_LIBRARY() and friends calls return "NOTFOUND" if they didn't succeed and this has the effect that they search again when cmake runs the next time.

E.g. CHECK_LIBRARY_EXISTS() and CHECK_INCLUDE_FILES() don't seem to work that way. If they fail, the value is set to "", and they don't try again. Is this intentional ?
We have the problem that in FindX11.cmake the following call fails if the X11 development stuff isn't installed, and after installing it it doesn't check again:

CHECK_LIBRARY_EXISTS("ICE" "IceConnectionNumber" "${X11_LIBRARY_DIR}"
                         CMAKE_LIB_ICE_HAS_ICECONNECTIONNUMBER)

The attached patch helps against this, but I'm not sure it should really run again every time.

Bye
Alex