[CMake] post-installation testing

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 13:05:12 EST 2007

How do I ensure that INSTALL has already occurred, so that I can proceed
with post-installation testing?  When I last tried my hand at this, I
found that "install" is not a first class dependency target.  In fact,
trying to make a dependency on "install" crashed CMake, but the crash
got fixed at least.

I suppose one way to do it, would be to fire up an entirely new
CMakeLists.txt, that merely performs a bunch of FINDs on the
installation, to prove that it's set up as one would expect.  But I'm
wondering if there are other / better methodologies.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every