[CMake] mingw32 linker line exceeds win32 limitations

Felix Obenhuber f.obenhuber at osb-ag.de
Thu Dec 20 05:42:16 EST 2007

Dear CMake developer and users,

I've encountered some probs with a an issue whitch already raised last
year in the a post [1].

Mingw32-make (5.1.3) minds about a too long linker line. The project
makes use of CMake for Makefile Generation, that's why I tend to ask
here whether someone found a solution for the known problem. Searching
the web didn't return any usefull results (beside the crappy behaviour
of the win32 command.exe with line of more than 8xxx+ chars)

The CMake version used, is the latest 2.4.7 precompiled win32 release.

I'd like to prevent workarrounds like changing file or directory names
or consolidating source file content...

Any Ideas?

Thanks for your response!

Cheers,

Felix

[1] http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2006-September/011286.html
--
Dipl.-Inf.(FH) Felix Obenhuber
OSB AG Ingenieur- und IT-Dienstleistungen