[CMake] PROJECT() type that doesn't require a compiler?

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Mon Apr 9 12:00:42 EDT 2007

Hello,

Is there a PROJECT() type that doesn't require a compiler to be
installed? Or should I say, it would be nice if there was a project type
that doesn't require a compiler to be installed.

What I'm trying to do is use cmake for installing Python programs,
namely KDE programs written in Python. The idea is that by using the
same build/install system as the 'normal' C++ programs, I'll also be
able to take advantage of the KDE's cmake support for things like
building docbook docs, installing icons etc etc, and easily mixing C++
code with python code.

I've done some experiments here, and I've hacked up a small 'python'
project type, plus some macros for declaring which files to install (and
byte compile), and also support for converting Qt designer .ui files to
.py files.

But it would be really nice if a kind of 'null' or bare bones project
type could be added to cmake, with extra functionality being done using
standard includes and macros.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/