[CMake] Building a Release Version in MSVC6

Ben Larson blarson at optomet.com
Tue May 30 19:43:42 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Is the correct way to tell MSVC6 to build a release version of my
project to use the command SET (CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE Release) in the
CMakeLists.txt file?

If so, there must be something else I'm missing. I can get a debug
version of my dll built, but cannot get a release version built that
works (even when I've included the build_type command in my CMakeLists).
One warning I get is the following:
" Warning: CMake is forcing CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to "" to match that
imported from ITK.  This is required because projects must use the same
compiler settings.  If this message appears for more than one imported
project, you have conflicting compiler settings and will have to
re-build one of those projects."
The message only shows up once, so I assume there isn't a problem with
compiler settings.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben Larson