[CMake] Xcode generator problems

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue May 2 02:47:29 EDT 2006

Hi,

> Von: Axel Roebel <Axel.Roebel at ircam.fr>
> real    0m15.032s
> user    0m10.154s
> sys     0m4.593s
>
> with 2.4.1 compiled with type release ( which did not improve compared
> none)
> time /Users/roebel/src/cmake-2.4.1/bin/cmake -E cmake_depends  "Unix
> Makefiles" /Users/roebel/src/svp/build241
> /Users/roebel/src/svp/build241/compile/KernelBuild

/Users/roebel/src/svp/build241/compile/KernelBuild/CMakeFiles/svp_kernel.dir/DependInfo.cmake

> real    2m5.792s
> user    0m7.613s
> sys     1m56.915s
>
> This is nearly 10 times longer

Very strange. I use it extensively and for me there is no such slowdown.
There must be something else going on. Maybe have a look with strace or
callgrind ?

> Interestingly the user processing time is faster, however,
> system time has excessively increased. Note, that this has been
measured
> on
> the same system which was doing nothing else but the dependency check!
>
> By the way, another problem with 2.4.1 is that the OUTPUT_NAME
> of SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES is no longer working
> (at least for unix makefiles)

Works for me:

add_executable(hello main.cpp)
set_target_properties(hello PROPERTIES OUTPUT_NAME blub)

Bye
Alex