[CMake] I'm in awe...

Stephen Adler adler at stephenadler.com
Sat Dec 16 13:11:54 EST 2006

Guys,

I must have to give the CMake authors and visionaries a slap on the back
for a job well done.
I'm a Linux guy who's done software development exclusively on Unix
systems for the
past 15 years. (I've always stayed away from windows for many
reasons...) Today marks
a big milestone for this ol' dog. Using CMake, and subversion, it was
almost trivial for me
to take code which I developed on my Linux desktop and get it up and
running on my
windows systems I have running under VMWare using Visual studio 2005.
All I had
to do was do a commit to my subversion repository from my Linux system,
then do a
checkout onto my windows system, run CMake and then build using visual
studio. And
the code built and ran great. This is very very impressive!

Steve.