[CMake] ParaView/Python/CMake/Mac compile issue

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Dec 14 10:34:02 EST 2006

I just upgraded to CMake 2.4.5 on my Mac and did a fresh build of
ParaView 3.  The build failed with a link error concerning the python
libraries.  I inspected the CMake variables and noted that
PYTHON_DEBUG_LIBRARY was set to -framework Python, but PYTHON_LIBRARY
was set to /usr/lib/libpython2.3.dylib.

The latter is wrong.  PYTHON_LIBRARY should also be set to -framework
Python.  Has something changed in a recent patch to CMake to change the
default value of PYTHON_LIBRARY on the Mac?  Or has something changed in
the ParaView 3 CMake files?

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories