[CMake] Global build target for global post-build stage ?

Eric BOIX eboix at ens-lyon.fr
Wed Dec 6 11:38:26 EST 2006

	Dear David,

Quoting David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
> What's the motivation behind your question?
It's just an end user demand. I'm porting from the autotools to Cmake.
With the autotools makefiles the building users were used to get a simple
final message echoed on their terminal going like "BUILDING IS OVER AND OK !"
(with some date or/and statistics). Doesn't seem like a real feature, but
again it's hard to change habits...

> (1) Do you want to do this custom command at the end of *every* developer's
>     *every* call to make from your top level?
Yes ! (but not make install).

> (2) Or do you want to post an automatic build from a build machine when the
>     build is 'done'...?
Oh no ! For this we use ctest and Dart (mind you ;-)
   http://graal.ens-lyon.fr:8081/DIETcore/Dashboard/

> For (1) or (3) we'll have to think some more...
Oh well :) Would you recommend to post a feature request for cmake, or
does this sound too cosmetic for being of any interest ?

	Yours,
	Eric.