[CMake] PKGCONFIG backward compatibility on CVS trunk.

Michel Hermier michel.hermier at gmail.com
Tue Dec 5 16:31:09 EST 2006

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> Michel Hermier wrote:
>>

>> I'm not sure of it, but in usage it seems every one expects it to be
>> a list, else it's a nonsense to use the returned value everywhere I
>> explained before. The error was triggered for me while checking a
>> package with a parent package dependency (QCA2 in trunk). So maybe
>> the Find*.cmake scripts were/are still doing wrong ?
>> AFAIK we are still require CMake-2.4.4 for kde4, should we force to
>> have 2.4.5 and changes the scripts to use the new macro so that this
>> error is avoided ?
>>
>> Michel
>>
> Do you have a case where something works in CMake-2.4.4, but does not
> work in CVS CMake that uses UsePkgConfig.cmake?
> If so, we will fix it.  If this is new stuff, we can not change
> UsePkgConfig.cmake because it will break old code.   There should
> be no change in this stuff from 2.4.4 and 2.4.5, so either should work
> the same.  The new module is currently only in CVS.
>
> -Bill

I checked the generation of the qca.pc file and it was not updated for 2
month so it was definitely working before the update. And to be really
sure I reverted to the old file, and now it works again for me and when
I look at the code again, it definitely doesn't do the same thing.
It seems the code don't react on the correct variables. It use
_PKGCONFIG_TMP_INCLUDE_DIRS and _PKGCONFIG_TMP_LIBRARY_DIRS, where it
should use the _PKGCONFIG_TMP_INCLUDEDIR and _PKGCONFIG_TMP_LIBDIR, well
at least the correct variable seted by pkg-config arguments wich are
--variable=includedir and --variable=libdir.
Hope I digged enougth so that it can be correct ;)

Michel