[CMake] PKGCONFIG backward compatibility on CVS trunk.

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Dec 5 15:51:55 EST 2006

Michel Hermier wrote:

> I'm not sure of it, but in usage it seems every one expects it to be a
> list, else it's a nonsense to use the returned value everywhere I
> explained before. The error was triggered for me while checking a
> package with a parent package dependency (QCA2 in trunk). So maybe the
> Find*.cmake scripts were/are still doing wrong ?
> AFAIK we are still require CMake-2.4.4 for kde4, should we force to
> have 2.4.5 and changes the scripts to use the new macro so that this
> error is avoided ?
>
> Michel

Do you have a case where something works in CMake-2.4.4, but does not
work in CVS CMake that uses UsePkgConfig.cmake?
If so, we will fix it.  If this is new stuff, we can not change
UsePkgConfig.cmake because it will break old code.   There should
be no change in this stuff from 2.4.4 and 2.4.5, so either should work
the same.  The new module is currently only in CVS.

-Bill