[CMake] MacOSX frameworks

Richard Wackerbarth rkw at dataplex.net
Thu May 26 11:32:56 EDT 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 8:09 AM, Brad King wrote:

> Richard Wackerbarth wrote:
>
>> Rather than static or Unix shared (dylib), has anyone tried to
>> generate framework-style shared libraries with CMake?
>> If so, any hints would be appreciated.
>
> What do you mean by "framework-style"?  If you are referring to the
> directory structure in which they are installed then that is just a
> matter of arranging the INSTALL_TARGET and INSTALL_FILES commands
> correctly for the library and its header files.  It is even
> possible to register post-install commands to setup the proper
> symbolic links.

By framework-style, I was referring to the directory structure.  In
particular, I reference

#include <MyLibrary/Library.h>

both from the outside and from within the library.  In order to get
it to compile, I need the appropriate headers in place so that the
compiler finds them.

I guess that I need some pre-build phase to set up the structure in
the intermediate files area and populate it with the necessary headers.

It's a lot of "details" that I was hoping to avoid re-inventing if
someone had already done it and could point me to an example that I
could mimic.

Richard