[CMake] Unable to Compile CMake Commands???

Michael Bonner bonner10 at llnl.gov
Thu May 19 13:59:56 EDT 2005

Hello,

I am using cmake to build vtk on a itanium machine, I built cmake but when
I run "cmake -C CMakeCache.txt" the following occurs:

 >>>: ~/cmake/cmake-1.8.3/bin/cmake -C CMakeCache.txt
-- Check for working C compiler: mpiicc -- works
-- Check for working CXX compiler: mpiicc -- works
-- Compiling VTK CMake commands
Compiling VTK CMake commands - failed
-- Configuring done

An interactive cmake does not fail, but when I try to make I get a similar
error:

Building dependencies. cmake.depends...
/bnr/cmake/cmake-1.8.3/bin/cmake -S/bnr/VTK44/VTK -O/bnr/VTK44/VTK
-H/g/g22/bonner10/VTK44/VTK -B/bnr/VTK44/VTK
-- Compiling VTK CMake commands
Compiling VTK CMake commands - failed
make: *** [cmake.depends] Error 255

What does it mean to not be able to compile VTK CMake commands? Is this a
vtk problem or a cmake problem?

I am not sure if this is the appropriate list to post to, but I have no
idea what this error is, any help at all, or if I could be pointed in the
right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks
mike

btw: I have built both cmake & vtk (same source trees) on 32b intel
architectures without incident.