[CMake] Use of ~ for specifying paths

Jon Trauntvein j.trauntvein at comcast.net
Tue May 17 10:59:35 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I am trying to learn cmake and have created a test project in which I
attempted to specify a path using the string, "~/work/coratools/".
Apparently, this type of expression is not expanded by default.
Thinking this, I also tried the following:

  FILE(GLOB coratools_path ~/work/cora/coratools)

I formed a message to print the coratools_path variable and it came
out as an empty string.  From this I gather that GLOB will not expand
the ~ expression either.  Is there any means of having cmake expand
the meaning of ~ in any of its expressions?

Regards,

Jon Trauntvein