[CMake] subdirs and depenency handling

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue May 10 09:26:14 EDT 2005

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> You wrote:
>>This means you are trying to link to a library that is built in a
>>directory that is not built until after the target that wants the
>>library.  The warning means that the only way to make sure everything
> I implemented a workaround and created a subdirectory which contains only
> a CMakeLists.txt which builds the application in its parent directory.
> Not very nice but works.

If you are getting this message because the executable is added in the
parent of the directory where the library is added then this can be
fixed now when using the CVS version of CMake.  Look at the
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY command.  It lets you do in-order subdirectories
instead of post-order and should resolve this problem.

-Brad