[CMake] subdirs and depenency handling

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue May 10 09:20:10 EDT 2005

Hi,

You wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> This means you are trying to link to a library that is built in a
> directory that is not built until after the target that wants the
> library.  The warning means that the only way to make sure everything
is
> up to date is to run make twice.
>
> > Is this still the case or are there plans to change this behaviour ?
> > In KDE there are several places where this structure is used and
moving
> > files around in all these places would be "problematic".
>
> The problem can only be fixed at the CMake level by switching to a
> global makefile system.  We have plans to experiment with this but it
> is not yet ready.

Ok.
I implemented a workaround and created a subdirectory which contains only
a CMakeLists.txt which builds the application in its parent directory.
Not very nice but works.

Alex

--
+++ Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS +++
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail