[CMake] Which lanbuage flavor does CMake use?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue May 3 09:00:23 EDT 2005

Jorgen Bodde wrote:
> I am trying to fix a CMake script and would like to switch on some CMake
> highlighting. Somewhere I have heard CMake was based upon some other
> language. Is this true? If not does anybody know a CMake syntax
> highlight file for UltraEdit?

There is no pre-existing language on which cmake is based.  I'm also not
aware of an UltraEdit syntax file.  Look at the "Editor Syntax Files"
section of the CMake download page:

http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Download.html

for emacs and vim syntax files.  They could help you get started if you
want to write an UltraEdit file.  If you do please post it.

-Brad