[CMake] CTest with SCP

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Thu Jun 16 11:39:24 EDT 2005

Hi Brad,

What version of CTest is this? The 'Unknown submission method: "scp" '
looks bad. That said, when using SCP submission method, it is up to the
server to do the actual trigger.

So, what you should have is a script on the server that periodically
gathers submissions.

You may want to look at:

http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CTest:Submission_Issues

       Andy

Bradley Lowekamp wrote:

> I am trying out some the ctest functionality. I have been using the
> Dart TCL client for a long time, and looking into switching to the
> CTest because of the ease of using the CTest scripting on Window. I am
> quite excited about this feature!  However, I have a couple of questions.
>
> The ctest dart client seems to be "submitting" the files with scp but
> I am getting an error message. When I run ctest -V -D NightlySubmit  I
> am  getting output along the lines of this:
>
> Submit files (using scp)
> Execute "scp" "....########-####/Update.xml"
> "me at sever:/incoming/long_prefix_Update.xml"
> Execute "scp" "....########-####/Configure.xml"
> "me at sever:/incoming/long_prefix_Configure.xml"
> Execute "scp" "....########-####/Build.xml"
> "me at sever:/incoming/long_prefix_Build.xml"
> Execute "scp" "....########-####/Test.xml"
> "me at sever:/incoming/long_prefix_Test.xml"
>     Submission successful
>          Unknown submission mehtod: "scp"
>

> It is that last line that I don't know why it is complaining. Is it a
> error message because it doesn't have anything to trigger?
>
> The second problem is with the dart server trigger. I read that ctest
> with scp dose not use the HTML based trigger to copy the xml files
> into the correct location into the Dart server directory. So I will
> need to create a script for the convert long_prefix into a long path?
>
> Thanks!

Andy Cedilnik
Kitware Inc.