[CMake] cmake 2.2.0 and KDevelop3 Generator

David Somers dsomers at omz13.com
Mon Jul 18 12:27:29 EDT 2005

On Monday 18 July 2005 17:30, William A. Hoffman wrote:
> Should installed files be in the project?  They are not for visual studio.
> There is a target in visual studio to run the install rule, but the files
> themselves are not in the project.  Certainly the input to any man pages in
> the source tree should be in the project, but I don't see why you would
> want the installed files from the install tree in the project.

Thinking about it, probably not all installed files should be included in the
project... but things like README and man files that you will later install
would be good candidates to be in the project... they are clearly artifacts
of the project. IIRC for some projects I managed to get such artifacts into a
project... just can't quite remember how (am a bit distracted at the
moment...)

> Also, is there a way to have Kdevelop3 files change the default output
> view?

That would be the ideal solution... but I don't know enough about KDevelop3 to
comment (I normally work in Visual Studio and an currently trying dabbling
with KDevelop/Linux).

> There is even a bug in the cmake bug tracker that says something
> like, I build and nothing happens....  My guess is that with a very small
> project that is what it looks like.

Correct. If the build throws up no messages at all, it does give the
impression that nothing has happened... it confused the heck out of me (the
build was fast!)

> Or is there something we can add to
> the output of the make process that will show up in a non-verbose build
> mode of Kdevelop3?

That would be ideal, if its possible.

--
David Somers