[CMake] cmake 2.2.0 and KDevelop3 Generator

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jul 18 11:30:09 EDT 2005

>> Ah. That's fine (its a missing feature and not a bug).
>> Will you implement this? (It is very useful when your project has a lot
>> of non-source artifacts that get installed - man pages, README, etc.)
>
>As soon as I find the time to do it.
>If you want to, have a look at cmGlobalKdevelopGenerator.cxx,
>CreateFilelistFile(). There something has to be done to find out about
>INSTALL_FILES().

Should installed files be in the project?  They are not for visual studio.
There is a target in visual studio to run the install rule, but the files
themselves are not in the project.  Certainly the input to any man pages in the
source tree should be in the project, but I don't see why you would want the
installed files from the install tree in the project.

Also, is there a way to have Kdevelop3 files change the default output view?
There is even a bug in the cmake bug tracker that says something like, I build
and nothing happens....  My guess is that with a very small project that
is what it looks like.  Or is there something we can add to the output of
the make process that will show up in a non-verbose build mode of Kdevelop3?

-Bill