[CMake] XCode 2.1 partial support

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jul 18 10:46:49 EDT 2005

I am thinking that CMake will have Xcode 1.5 and Xcode 2.1 support.
I could be wrong, but I think that Xcode 2.0 will work with 1.5 projects as
things did not change too much.   Also, Xcode 2.0 really did not get deployed
on too many machines anyway.  I think we can determine if we are running
1.5/2.0 by running xcodebuild -help and seeing if -activeconfiguration is an option.

So, I have a question for the Mac folks out there.   Is it possible for
two version of Xcode to be installed on the same machine?  Can you have
Xcode 1.5 and Xcode 2.1 on the same machine?   If the answer is yes, then
we will have to have two distinct generators Xcode15 and Xcode21.  If the
answer is no, then perhaps we should only have one called Xcode, that uses
try compiles or some other method to determine the version of Xcode to generate
for.

-Bill