[CMake] XCode 2.1 partial support

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jul 18 10:27:47 EDT 2005

On 2005-07-18 09:11, William A. Hoffman said:

>So this patch really is not an Xcode 2.1 generator, but rather it modifies
>the cmake Xcode 1.5 generator to produce files that will be correctly
>translated by Xcode 2.x into the 2.x format.   The big difference between
>1.5 and 2.x is that 2.x uses debug/release directories for placing
object code
>and libraries.   Mathieu with this patch do all the cmake tests pass
with 2.x?

Xcode 2.1 was actually a pretty significant change from 2.0.  The
release notes are here:

<http://developer.apple.com/releasenotes/DeveloperTools/Xcode/Xcode.html>

Significant changes wrt cmake are:
 - the project file format changed
 - the addition of 'Build Configurations'
 - the parameters accepted by 'xcodebuild' have changed (-
activebuildstyle is no longer supported, -activeconfiguration replaces it)
 - Per-Configuration Build Directories (as Bill mentioned)
 - Commented Project File Format
 - Configuration Settings Files (may be interesting!)

I really do suggest reading the release notes.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com