[CMake] problem with SUBDIRS and MingGW-make

Cesar Rabak csrabak at yahoo.com.br
Wed Jul 6 08:27:31 EDT 2005

Axel Wachtler <axel.wachtler at gmx.de> escreveu:
[snipped]

> > The root problem IMHO is that for MingW the only
> > option is "Unix Makefile" whereas some checks on the
> > platform's OS could be used to produce Makefiles with
> > the more amenable syntax you propose.
>

> Yes, this would cleanly encapsulate the "-C GNUism"
> so that it don't break the make on other Unixes.

Today I figured out what happens really with mingw and cmake
generated makefiles.

It is not the ; - it is the wrong argument for the cd-command
from command.com

@cd c:/src/MyApp

has two incompatibilities, first the drive is not supported,
second the / is not supported.

To troubleshoot this, I tried to postprocess the Makefiles with
a script, but trouble shoots back, because cmake itself is called
somewhere in the dependency rules :-(

Second approach was to run sh from mingw, but the generated
Makefiles use c:/src but mingw-sh uses /c/src, so it is that
incompatible like with cygwin.

I don't know what exactly setup you have, but for FWIW the MSYS environment comes with a shell that will work well with the "c:/src" syntax.

HTH

--

Cesar Rabak