RE: [CMake] yet another one: what does "Custom command... was not used" mean ?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Jul 1 10:18:39 EDT 2005

> Von: "Ken Martin" <ken.martin at kitware.com>
> Betreff: RE: [CMake] yet another one: what does "Custom command... was
> not	used" mean ?
> Datum: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:29:08 -0400
>
> > since some days I get the following warning for a lot of files:
> >
> > Warning: Custom command for source file kdirlistertest.moc.rule was
not
> > used.
> >
> > What does this mean ? Do I have to worry about it ?
> >

> This was a new feature added at someone's request. Basically they
> requested that CMake report any custom commands that were defined but
> whose output is
> never used in a target. You should look at those warnings to see why
> the custom commands are there and what target you think would be using
> them.
>
> Ken

Ah, ok.
The generated moc file is included in one of the source files. Since
cmake doesn't "see" this, it complains about it.
I have the same effect for an external library which is created and
linked to directly via a customized CMAKE_CXX_LINK_EXECUTABLE, so here
cmake also doesn't know that it's used.
Can I switch this warning off ?

Bye
Alex