[CMake] yet another one: what does "Custom command... was not used" mean ?

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Jul 1 09:29:08 EDT 2005

> since some days I get the following warning for a lot of files:
>
> Warning: Custom command for source file kdirlistertest.moc.rule was not
> used.
>
> What does this mean ? Do I have to worry about it ?

This was a new feature added at someone's request. Basically they requested
that CMake report any custom commands that were defined but whose output is
never used in a target. You should look at those warnings to see why the
custom commands are there and what target you think would be using them.

Ken