[CMake] Cross-referencing projects in CMake

Chris Scharver scharver at evl.uic.edu
Tue Jan 25 11:28:25 EST 2005

On Jan 25, 2005, at 6:54 AM, Brad King wrote:

> Pavan Podila wrote:
>>    I have two projects, A and B and the project B depends on A. Is
>> there a way to specify cross-referencing in CMake. I am working on
>> VS.NET. I would like to have a reference to project A added to my
>> project B. Is there a mechanism for that.
>
> If A and B are in the same source tree under one run of CMake then you
> can use ADD_DEPENDENCIES to make sure A builds before B or vice versa.
>
> If they are in separate source trees with separate runs of CMake then
> this is not supported.  You can try the INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT
> command, but I don't know if it will do what you want.  You can also
> add a feature request to the bug tracker:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Bug

I have a similar bug already filed for the general sense of referencing
one project from another.
<http://www.cmake.org/Bug/bug.php?op=show&bugid=967&pos=2>

Unfortunately, the issues seem extremely complex. For now, I rearranged
my source tree so that I could build everything from the top level.

--
Chris Scharver
Electronic Visualization Laboratory