[CMake] Cross-referencing projects in CMake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jan 25 07:54:58 EST 2005

Pavan Podila wrote:
>    I have two projects, A and B and the project B depends on A. Is there
> a way to specify cross-referencing in CMake. I am working on VS.NET. I
> would like to have a reference to project A added to my project B. Is
> there a mechanism for that.

If A and B are in the same source tree under one run of CMake then you
can use ADD_DEPENDENCIES to make sure A builds before B or vice versa.

If they are in separate source trees with separate runs of CMake then
this is not supported.  You can try the INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT
command, but I don't know if it will do what you want.  You can also add
a feature request to the bug tracker:

http://www.cmake.org/Bug

-Brad