[CMake] EXEC_PROGRAM and inheritance

Brian Hone brian.hone at baesystems.com
Wed Jan 12 10:45:47 EST 2005

Hi folks,

I see a lot of posts which seem to indicate that there is popular
support for allowing inheritance of the EXEC_PROGRAM command to
subdirectories.

Looking at the code, commands which allow inheritance simply add the
following to the .h file:

virtual bool IsInherited <cid:part1.07070002.03030705 at baesystems.com>() {return true;}

Am I missing something?  Would this cause the command to be re-executed
from sub-directories, or the value to be cached and saved?  It's a real
devil to save the value from an external command and pass it around,
which sort of defeats the purpose of an external command.

Brian