[CMake] Applescripting Xcode

Ondřej Valík o.valik at gmc.net
Fri Jan 7 04:43:45 EST 2005

Just want send response from Scott Tooker at xcode-users at apple maillist
about Xcode applescripting:

On Jan 6, 2005, at 5:31 AM, Ondřej Valík wrote:

> Hello everybody.
> I need to applescript Xcode because of generating/updating/editing
> large project originaly written on Window. I tried to do some
> experiments but without any result.

So you are interested in project generation and project syncing via
AppleScript?

> I need to know how to perform operations such as
> - make new project (is this possible?)

Not currently. I'm working towards this goal, but this doesn't work in
Xcode 1.5.

> - make new file reference in project

This doesn't work in Xcode 1.5 either.  :(

> - make new group in project

I'm not sure if this works or not. I don't think so :(

> - setting attributes of file references in project
> etc.
>
> Does anyone have applescripts working with Xcode or point me to some
> examples of Xcode applescripting?

The dictionary in Xcode 1.5 is fairly broken. I'm hopeful that our
applescriptability will be improved in a future version of Xcode.

Scott