[CMake] Output dir with MSVC6

Martin Trudeau mtrudeau at info-internet.net
Tue Jan 4 18:06:31 EST 2005

Hi.

When using MSVC6, is the intermediate directory available other than through
the macro IntDir (or  the equivalent CMAKE_CFG_INTDIR) ? The problem
with IntDir is that it's really only suitable for custom build commands (I
believe
this is not the case with MSVC7). When it is used with compilation, Visual
behaves erratically, creating $(intdir) directories, not checking properly
for
object files to avoid recompilation, etc.

Since all I want to do is choose where a specific object file will be placed
after compilation (in the intermediate directory of a different project), I
could
try to use the /Fo flag. So I have a related question, is it possible to
have
different compilation flags for each configuration for a single source file
and not the whole project?

Thanks for your help.

-Martin