[CMake] more linking problems

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Apr 22 11:32:20 EDT 2005

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(blah kinterfacedesigner)
>>
>>I'm assuming that kinterfacedesigner is a library built in another
>>directory in the same CMake project.  In that case CMake knows where to
>>find the library and how to link it.
>
> Ok. What does "cmake project" mean in this context ?
> Does it mean "all the sources configured by this run of cmake" or does it
> mean "all the sources in subdirectories of a PROJECT(foo) call" ?
> (since there can be none or also more than one PROJECT(foo) call in a
> cmake-managed source tree)

Oops, sorry.  I meant anything in the entire tree configured by this run
of CMake.  Also, with the proper import/export mechanisms as described
in section 6.7 of "Mastering CMake" it is possible to get this to work
for libraries in completely separate build or install trees for
libraries built by CMake.

-Brad