[CMake] more linking problems

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Apr 22 09:48:49 EDT 2005

You wrote:
> Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> No, just
>
> TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(blah kinterfacedesigner)
>
> I'm assuming that kinterfacedesigner is a library built in another
> directory in the same CMake project.  In that case CMake knows where to
> find the library and how to link it.

Ok. What does "cmake project" mean in this context ?
Does it mean "all the sources configured by this run of cmake" or does it
mean "all the sources in subdirectories of a PROJECT(foo) call" ?
(since there can be none or also more than one PROJECT(foo) call in a
cmake-managed source tree)

> > Now I found something in the mailing list archive:
> > http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2004-December/005907.html
> > I think I'll try this. Would it be also possible to add a static lib
> > there ?
>
> That's an interesting idea.  Basically we would just add the ability to
> list a static library as a source file similar to the current external
> object feature.  It would let us add the ability to pull entire static
> libraries into the link line instead of just individual object files.
> Just as with external objects it would be up to the listfile author to
> ensure that the object files in the archive are built properly.
>
> There is a small chance this will just work if you try it.  Please let
> me know whether it works.  If not I'll put it on my to-do list to
> implement.

Ok, I'll try.

Bye
Alex

--
+++ NEU: GMX DSL_Flatrate! Schon ab 14,99 EUR/Monat! +++

GMX Garantie: Surfen ohne Tempo-Limit! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl